Sunday 3 August 2014

“Team Spirit” By Allan




To learn what “Team Spirit” means our class:

ü Talked about what “Team Spirit” means to us.
ü Played some team games.
ü Played the card game “Cheat”
ü Learnt the Special Olympics oath.
ü Studied the “Fair Play” Charter.
ü Met and played with the “Breakers” basketball team.
ü Competed in the Special Olympics Athletics Ribbon Day
ü Competed in the Special Olympics Football Ribbon Day

On Tuesday we went to the Breakers to watch them play basketball. I felt pretty happy because I got to play and watch them. While we were there Aidan and Nathan got called up to shoot the ball in the hoop. If they could get the ball in the hoop they got to keep the basketball.

One of the games Point England got chose to play basketball with the Breakers. After that they gave us all a team booklet to do it has all the activities in the book that we could do in our spare time. The team booklet has Spot the Difference game and all the information about the team.

Then we played another game. We got picked to play against the Breakers. I learned some new basketball skills to play proper basketball. I learnt the slam dunk and dribbling. At the end of the basketball game we got our booklet signed by the Breakers basketball team.

It is very easy to play basketball. I encouraged the basketball plaers to win. And I cheered them on in their wonderful game.

I learned how to pass the ball and I had good team spirit. I learned how to share the basketball properly I was really happy not grumpy.

I hope that the Breakers win their next game. I know they work really hard when they train at basketball.  I have faith in the team. They all have great basketball spirit.

  • Team spirit is about helping your team out when they get hurt.

  • When you are playing Basketball share the Basketball with your team.

  • Team spirit is about not letting go and helping each other.

  • We all worked together so nobody hurts them self.

  • Is somebody consulting their associates before continuing.

  • Always do what the coach says.

  
I found out that Team Spirit was:

The spirit of a group that makes the members want the group to succeed.


Feelings of camaraderie among the members of a group, enabling them to cooperate and work well together.

No comments:

Post a Comment