Friday 29 July 2016

Cubism


After reading our book about Picasso we had 
an art lesson to try out a style of art called Cubism. 

'Factory, Horta de Ebbo', 1909 (oil on canvas)
PABLO PICASSO (1881-1973)
'Factory, Horta de Ebbo', 1909 (oil on canvas)

Cubism was a truly revolutionary style of modern art developed by Pablo Picasso and Georges Braques. It was the first style of abstract art which evolved at the beginning of the 20th century in response to a world that was changing with unprecedented speed. Cubism was an attempt by artists to revitalise the tired traditions of Western art which they believed had run their course. The Cubists challenged conventional forms of representation, such as perspective, which had been the rule since the Renaissance. Their aim was to develop a new way of seeing which reflected the modern age.

http://www.artyfactory.com/art_appreciation/art_movements/cubism.htm




Katy



I like the cubist picture because it is bright.

Troy



I like the shadow. We rubbed the charcoal into each corner.

Dillion



I liked doing the picture. I like drawing with the charcoal.

Connor



I liked my hands. I liked the way the shadow is joined to the hand.

Finn



I drew the basketball. It looks very cool. I did cubist art.

Lauren



I made a lemon. I drew it first. I put in lines and put charcoal on it.

Bradley



One thing I lined about drawing cubist art was smudging the charcoal on the corners.

Michael



I liked drawing an orange. I put the shade on the corners. I used curvy lines.

Joseph



I draw my hand. I used black for my hand. I like my hand picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment