Friday 25 July 2014

Edgewater 3 Visit the Fantastic Lloyd Elsmore Park Pool and Leisure Centre

Lloyd Elsmore Park Pool and Leisure Centre




On Friday Edgewater 3 visited the fantastic Lloyd Elsmore Park Pool and Leisure Centre. We went to learn about fitness as part of our Headway Sports Unit. Chantell and Emma are our gym instructors. 



They showed us around the gym and then we exercised. Checkout the photos of us working out!

Nathan's Five Fitness Sentences

I am working hard on my warming up exercises with Kevin next to me. 



While Chantell is looking on I am concentrating on the screen giving me information about my bike riding. I am enjoying the bike at full speed. The bike felt allot like riding on the road was also very nice.


With five little knobs pushed in I was strengthening both my arms on the lifting machine.


Bradley's Five Fitness Sentences

On our backs warming up for our fitness exercises on the gym apparatus.

The rowing machine was both exhausting and a pleasure as I turned up the speed.

Pulling the bar down to strengthen my upper arm muscles.

Although I pushed four buttons in, pushing the bar was still easy. Checking the monitor while riding the exercise bike was informative and occupied your attentions to such an extent that you forgot to become tired.



Allan's Five Fitness Sentences

I really enjoyed going to the gym with my class.



I also enjoyed riding the spin bike with it's metal wheel.

Riding the bike gave me the experience of watching my progress on the T.V screen.

 I was doing exercise number four on the arm muscle building machine.


Chantell and Elly are helping me to workout on the rowing machine. i also rowed on another machine where I had to grit my teeth to keep rowing.


Brennan's Five Fitness Sentences

We were lucky to have Kevin's card to allow us to get into the Gym at Lloyd Elsmore Recreation Centre.


We could not go for a swim because there was no water in the pool.

In the gym I pulled the handles up to make my arm muscles strong.

I am on the rowing machine going for the Commonwealth Games.


Vikki's Five Fitness Sentences

I went to the gym for the first time and enjoyed it a lot! I first did a warm up with the rest of the class and Chantell. Brennan and I are very happy because we enjoy the exercises.

I am pulling the rowing machine. I found it hard but I kept smiling.


   
It was fun riding the exercise bike and making it more difficult as I went up to 17 km/h.

Natasha's Five Fitness Sentences

I am doing some exercises to strengthen my tummy muscles.

I am working out on the machine to make my arm muscles stronger.



Pulling and sliding on the rowing machine. Still enjoying my rowing exercise!

It was my first time going to the gym and I loved it! I would like to go there again.

Aidan's Five Fitness Sentences

At the Leisure Centre we met Chantell and Emma.

I am working hard on the rowing machine that is very much like a boat. My arm was getting tired but I can handle it.

Turning the Krank machine to get my arm stronger. I turned the knob up to make it tougher.

I pushed the buttons in to make it really tough to push the arm down.

Here I am pushing the lever to the side. It was a bit hard but I can do it.


I'll be back!


2 comments:

  1. thank you everybody for letting me take part in the gym with Kevin and all my class mates i really enjoyed my with my friends and getting a good work out.I really enjoyed doing the spin bike and the rowing machine. I was really excited that Kevin took us to his gym and letting us use his gym member ship card to get in to the gym. well done every body and Kevin for letting us use his Gym. Allan

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete